List of Companies that Pay Royalties to Microsoft for Using Android OS
Jul 09, 2011, 19:03 (12 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Manuel Jose)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to kiterunner for this link.
"Velocity Micro: Velocity Micro is a computer manufacturer whose
product line includes gaming systems, notebooks, netbooks, home
entertainment media centers among others. In 2010, Velocity Micro
entered the eReader and tablet PC race with the release of Android
based Cruz Reader and Cruz Tablet. In June 2011, the two companies
signed on a deal that will make Velocity Micro pay royalties to
Microsoft for using Android on its Cruz range of devices.
"General Dynamics Itronix: General Dynamics Itronix is a
manufacturer of rugged computing devices that include tablets that
run on Android. Again in June 2011, General Dynamics Itronix signed
an agreement with Microsoft in which the former will pay royalties
to Microsoft for infringing on its patents."
- Microsoft patent division taking cash from at least 5 Android vendors(Jul 06, 2011)
- Are Android and Linux the same thing?(Jul 05, 2011)
- What WebOS Means To HP, Linux, And You(Jun 30, 2011)
- Despite the U.S. CIO's Exit, Open Source Is Entrenched in the Federal Government(Jun 29, 2011)
- Windows' Endgame. Desktop Linux's Failure.(Jun 20, 2011)
- Apple agrees to pay Nokia royalties for iPhone, iPad(Jun 14, 2011)