Is XP finally dying or is it the PCs it's been running on?
Aug 04, 2011, 01:02 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"The truth is that users haven't been moving from XP to 7 of
their own free will. They've been moving only because their old XP
PCs are finally giving up the ghost. Then, and only then, are they
getting Windows 7. Or, are they? If you look closer at Net
Applications' latest end-user Web statistics you'll see that
desktop users are Not moving to Windows 7 in droves."
- Chinese hacker builds his own iPad 3 running Windows XP(Jul 12, 2011)
- Set up RH VirtIO SCSI&Network drivers on Windows 7, Windows XP KVMs (RESUBMIT)(Jan 14, 2011)
- The best netbook OS: XP, Windows 7 or Ubuntu?(Nov 17, 2010)
- Linux servers, Windows XP desktops: a happy marriage?(Sep 27, 2010)
- Windows, Linux servers grow at Unix's expense(Aug 26, 2010)
- eWEEK Readers Stick With Windows XP(Aug 13, 2010)
- Microsoft retires Windows 2000, Windows XP SP2(Jul 13, 2010)