Could HTC Succeed with its Own Open Source Mobile OS?
Sep 14, 2011, 19:01 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Dean)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to An Anonymous Reader for
this link. ]
"There have been many reports that Google wants to 'supercharge'
its Android efforts through its purchase of Motorola Mobility,
which puts Google squarely in the handset and hardware mobile
business. At the same time, though, hardware players who have
adopted Android have to wonder whether they'll become second-class
citizens as Google steers new versions of Android toward its own
phones and its own plans.
"HTC is one of those hardware players to have made huge bets on
Android, many of them successful. Now, HTC officials have come out
and said they are interested in buying an operating system, and it
would be smart for HTC to pursue its own open source mobile
- HTC Open Sources Sense UI, Dev Program Later This Summer(Jun 04, 2011)
- HTC pays Microsoft $5 for every Android phone(May 29, 2011)
- HTC Unveils Flyer Tablet with Digital Pen, Facebook Phones and Updated Android Smartphones(Feb 15, 2011)
- Gemalto Sues Google, HTC, Samsung Over Java Card Technology(Oct 27, 2010)
- HTC Willfully Violates the GPL in T-Mobile's New G2 Android Phone(Oct 12, 2010)
HTC Updates Sense UI and Preps Portal, HD Desire and Desire Z Android Phones(Sep 15, 2010)
- HTC Files Answer with Counterclaims to Apple's Patent Infringement Suit(Aug 26, 2010)