Monty's Problem with MySQL
Sep 21, 2011, 01:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Oracle recently released a number of commercial extensions to
MySQL which the founder of MySQL, Monty Widenius isn't too fond of.
Then again, Monty wasn't fond of commercial extensions at MySQL AB
or under Sun either.
Monty's issue isn't about making money from open source, it's
about locking users into an open core model.
- Trouble on the high seas for MySQL?(Sep 20, 2011)
- Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier, MySQL And SquirrelMail (CentOS 6.0 x86_64)(Sep 12, 2011)
- Oracle Expands MySQL for Windows(Sep 08, 2011)
- Percona announces MySQL conference(Aug 12, 2011)
- Oracle Previews MySQL 5.6(Jul 29, 2011)
- Oracle debuts JDK 7, MySQL 5.6 at OSCON, pledges better OS support(Jul 27, 2011)
- Facebook trapped in MySQL 'fate worse than death'(Jul 11, 2011)
- PostgreSQL vs. MySQL: Which Is the Best Open Source Database?(Jul 11, 2011)