Can Penguins Dance on a Dell, Will Reiser File Again, Are Samsung and Intel Going to the Prom?
Oct 02, 2011, 14:00 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Christine Hall)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to brideoflinux
for this link. ]
"Last week on FWIR I mentioned there was a storm beginning to
brew around Windows 8 and secure boot, which could potentially keep
Linux from being installed on some computers once they're
implemented. Well, it's not just brewing anymore, it's a full
fledged storm with hurricane force winds.
"After Microsoft passed to buck and attempted to pooh-pooh the
issue as simple Linux paranoia, Red Hat engineer Matthew Garrett
fired back on his blog, which was then picked-up in an article
posted Monday on The Register:"
- Australian Linux users file formal complaint over Windows 8 booting(Sep 30, 2011)
- Will Windows 8 'Secure Boot' Lessen Linux Adoption?(Sep 29, 2011)
- Red Hat engineer renews attack on Windows 8-certified secure boot(Sep 27, 2011)
- Phone 7 FUD, Windows 8 Lockout, Samsung Takes Off Gloves(Sep 26, 2011)
- Red Hat Engineer Calls out Windows 8 Secure Boot as a Linux Risk(Sep 21, 2011)
- Windows 8, Metro, and the Linux Desktop(Sep 21, 2011)
- Windows 8 distribution takes a page from Linux(Sep 15, 2011)