Red Vs. Green: SUSE Backs OpenStack, Red Hat Stands Alone
Oct 27, 2011, 12:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joe Brockmeier)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Joe Brockmeier for this link. ]
This week, SUSE announced that it had joined OpenStack
and today the company announced a development preview of SUSE Cloud
which is powered by OpenStack.
With the green team at SUSE behind OpenStack, along with
Canonical, does that make OpenStack the de facto open source cloud?
Not so fast - I wouldn't count Red Hat out just yet.
- SUSE Builds OpenStack Diablo Appliances(Oct 26, 2011)
- Webopedia Term of the Day: What is OpenStack?(Oct 13, 2011)
- Rackspace Opens Up OpenStack With Planned Foundation, after Investing $$ Millions(Oct 07, 2011)
- OpenStack Diablo Open Source Cloud Platform Accelerates High-Availability(Sep 24, 2011)
- OpenStack Diablo is a Quantum Leap for Open Source Cloud(Sep 23, 2011)
- HP's OpenStack Cloud Goes Into Private Beta(Sep 09, 2011)
- Red Hat goes for OpenStack's community jugular(Sep 01, 2011)
- OpenStack success proves commercial, open source aren't exclusive(Aug 02, 2011)
- Dell Launches OpenStack Cloud Platform Solution(Jul 28, 2011)
- OpenStack Turns 1(Jul 20, 2011)
- Citrix Adopts OpenStack for Project Olympus(May 27, 2011)