The Future of Kubuntu
Feb 09, 2012, 17:01 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by David Wonderly)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Shibin for this link.
"Kubuntu maintained packages will be moving from Main to
Universe. This will allow the community to have larger control of
what Kubuntu will look like. We will no longer have to run to
Canonical to get approval for software. This will also allow us to
align more toward KDE without running into any conflicts of vision
"This will allow the community to run full control of Kubuntu.
Instead of this being a bad thing, we, the community have been let
off the leash so to speak. This is something that I fully expect
the developers to take on and run with.
"Overall, this new arrangement will bring Kubuntu to new
heights. With taking off the restrictions and allowing the
community to fully run the show, Kubuntu will not only move forward
but, I fully expect to see Kubuntu rise above and be more
successful then ever before."
- Thoughts about Kubuntu's Status, Canonical, and your distribution's sponsors(Feb 08, 2012)
- Canonical aligns Kubuntu as community flavor(Feb 07, 2012)
- Kubuntu 11.10 Review(Nov 10, 2011)
- Kubuntu 11.10 Beta Test Drive(Sep 21, 2011)
- Dolphin Review - Kubuntu's Counterpart to Nautilus(Jun 14, 2011)
- The Perfect Desktop - Kubuntu 11.04(May 17, 2011)
- Manual disk partitioning guide for Kubuntu 11.04(May 13, 2011)
- Kubuntu Returns to Glory with 11.04(Apr 29, 2011)
- An Arch User Trying Out Kubuntu 11.04(Apr 15, 2011)
- Top 5 Image Viewers for Ubuntu/Kubuntu(Feb 23, 2011)