Raspberry Pi school computer to run cut-down Fedora
Feb 23, 2012, 20:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by John E Dunn)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to e5rebel
for this link. ]
"The first Raspberry Pi is just bare circuit board for now but
developers at Toronto?s Seneca College have worked hard to fit a
Fedora image on to a 2GB SD card to boot the computer into a GUI,
complete with a small suite of applications and admin tools.
"The environment is fairly basic on one level ? just a word
processor, Firefox and support for several programming languages ?
and the team admits it has yet to hook the 2D graphics in the remix
into the powerful graphics hardware on the Raspberry Pi."
- First Raspberry Pi SD Card Image Released - Based on Debian Squeeze(Feb 20, 2012)
- Raspberry Pi to run BBC Micro 2(Feb 17, 2012)
- Raspberry Pi benchmarked against Beagleboard, low price is long term(Feb 10, 2012)
- Raspbmc - XBMC Linux Distribution For Raspberry Pi Announced(Feb 02, 2012)
- The Raspberry Pi Computer Is Finally Being Manufactured(Jan 12, 2012)
- Raspberry Pi Lands eBay Bidding Up To $2,700 USD(Jan 05, 2012)
- Raspberry Pi demos $25 PC running 1080p video, promises CD-quality audio(Sep 12, 2011)
- Raspberry Pi $25 PC goes into alpha production(Jul 29, 2011)