IDC lists top 6 myths, realities about open source
Mar 14, 2012, 22:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Paula Rooney)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"The first myth is that open source will take over the world, or
in the words of IDC, that OSS will enter every market.
Here's IDC?s take:
"There needs to be a need; a perception that proprietary
solutions are inadequately serving the market, and a developer
community willing to reinvent software solutions.
- IDC Says Smartphone Shoppers Ready for Holiday Blitz(Nov 24, 2010)
- CPU sales show uncharacteristic growth, IDC says(Aug 20, 2010)
- IT Buying More x86 Servers, Paying Less: IDC(May 28, 2010)
Android will soon trail only Symbian, says IDC(Jan 26, 2010)
- IDC Sees Server Business Helped by Intel, AMD(Dec 03, 2009)
- IDC: Linux spending set to boom by 21 percent in 2009(Apr 13, 2009)