IDC lists top 6 myths, realities about open source
Mar 14, 2012, 22:00 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Paula Rooney)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"The first myth is that open source will take over the world, or
in the words of IDC, that OSS will enter every market.
Here's IDC?s take:
"There needs to be a need; a perception that proprietary
solutions are inadequately serving the market, and a developer
community willing to reinvent software solutions.
- IDC Says Smartphone Shoppers Ready for Holiday Blitz(Nov 24, 2010)
- CPU sales show uncharacteristic growth, IDC says(Aug 20, 2010)
- IT Buying More x86 Servers, Paying Less: IDC(May 28, 2010)
Android will soon trail only Symbian, says IDC(Jan 26, 2010)
- IDC Sees Server Business Helped by Intel, AMD(Dec 03, 2009)
- IDC: Linux spending set to boom by 21 percent in 2009(Apr 13, 2009)