Easy File Sync with Bitpocket
Mar 29, 2012, 07:01 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Dmitri Popov)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Dmitri
Popov for this link. ]
"Need to keep files and documents in sync across multiple Linux
machines? Bitpocket provides a no-nonsense solution to the problem.
This tiny shell script uses the excellent rsync software to perform
the syncing jiggery-pockery. This means that you can have one
machine acting as the "main repository", and then have several
"client" machines which will be able to sync with it. (This
obviously means that all client machines will have the same files).
Here is how you configure it."
- FreeFileSync: Free Folder Comparison and Synchronization Tool(Mar 23, 2012)
- Unison Makes Two-Way File Sync Simple(Jan 03, 2012)
- Setting Up Unison File Synchronization Between Two Servers On Ubuntu 11.10(Jan 02, 2012)
- Openfiler 2.99 Active/Passive With Corosync, Pacemaker And DRBD(May 01, 2011)
- Filesystems: Data Preservation, fsync, and Benchmarks Pt. 2(Jun 02, 2009)
- rsnapshot: rsync-Based Filesystem Snapshot(Aug 26, 2008)
- Using Perl On Linux To Do Mass Synchronization Of File Time Stamps(May 28, 2008)
- Unison--File Synchronization Tool(May 13, 2008)