Android games now out-selling games for Sony and Nintendo handhelds
Aug 22, 2013, 13:00 (1 Talkback[s])
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
A new report by research firm IDC and analytics company App Annie undermines that with its claim that Google Play generated more spending on games in the second quarter of this year than Nintendo and Sony's gaming handhelds combined.
The report – Worldwide Portable Game Consumer Spending – also claims that game spending on iOS and Android combined was four times the amount spent on games for 3DS, DS/DSi, PS Vita and PSP games during the three-month period.
- Android smartwatch smackdown!(Oct 31, 2011)
Ubuntu running Google Android. Does it matter?(May 27, 2009)
- First Android Phone?(Jan 10, 2008)
- Google has forked Android(Jan 28, 2011)
- The dirty little secret about Google Android(Aug 24, 2010)
- Why Microsoft Loves Google Android, Take 2(Dec 24, 2007)
- The great Ars Android interface shootout(Jul 25, 2013)
- Android's (quiet) killer feature(Jan 31, 2013)
- Android shines as a mobile platform(Feb 11, 2013)