Apple Exec Slams Android Ahead of Samsung Galaxy S IV Launch
Mar 18, 2013, 09:00 (1 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
Phil Schiller, Apple's SVP of worldwide marketing, criticized Android — and Samsung by association — in interviews with Bloomberg, Reuters and The Wall Street Journal on Thursday.
"Android is often given as a free replacement for a feature phone and the experience isn't as good as an iPhone," Schiller said in the interview with the Journal.
In particular, Schiller criticized Android for fragmentation (noting that only 16% of Android users are on the latest operating system) and an overly complicated experience of setting up and using the devices.
- Apple, Android Battle for Enterprise App Market Share(Jul 24, 2012)
- Apple iOS vs. Google Android: It comes down to security(Dec 04, 2012)
- Paul Allen Sues Apple, Google, Others Over Patents(Aug 28, 2010)
- 6 free Android apps that challenge iPhones market(Jun 20, 2011)
- What Really Made Steve Jobs So Angry at Google?(Sep 12, 2012)
- Support for Apple iOS over Android for enterprise apps widens significantly(Jul 27, 2012)
- Apple-Samsung patent trial: a guide to the key issues(Aug 23, 2012)