Netflix cracks wallet to spur open source cloud development
Mar 15, 2013, 11:00 (1 Talkback[s])
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
Netflix wants its open source software to become the preferred platform for massive cloud-based applications, so it has launched a cash-conferring contest to generate developer enthusiasm for its technology.
The Netflix OSS Cloud Prize was announced by the company at an event in Los Gatos, California, on Wednesday evening. The procrastination king has set aside $200,000 across ten prizes to reward developers for pushing the limits of its massive cloud platform.
- Dear Netflix(Jan 28, 2010)
- The Netflix Linux Conjecture: How Netflix snubs the Linux comunity(Aug 16, 2010)
- Netflix Benchmarks Cassandra on AWS(Dec 01, 2011)
- $100 Netflix DVD Downloader Runs Linux?(May 21, 2008)
- Netflix Movie Downloads Come to Linux PCs(Dec 04, 2008)
- Netflix to Open Source Army of Cloud Monkeys(Apr 16, 2012)
- What Netflix Needs is Linux(Jun 19, 2007)
- Life without Netflix, streaming on Linux can be awesome!(Mar 26, 2012)
- Netflix open sources Eureka mid-tier load balancer(Sep 06, 2012)