Samsung plays down Android copy-paste bug, angering developer
Feb 23, 2013, 03:00 (0 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
Since June last year, users of Samsung smartphones and tablets have been complaining that apps crash when they try to copy text, and that the only solution is to wipe the apps and data - a "factory reset" of the phone - and reload them. Other users have found that the phone restarts spontaneously.
Asked by the Guardian to explain the problem, and the reason for the eight-month delay in fixing it - after users had complained on multiple forums, including Samsung's own Developers forum - the company issued a statement on Friday.
- Android smartwatch smackdown!(Oct 31, 2011)
Ubuntu running Google Android. Does it matter?(May 27, 2009)
- First Android Phone?(Jan 09, 2008)
- Google has forked Android(Jan 27, 2011)
- The dirty little secret about Google Android(Aug 23, 2010)
- Why Microsoft Loves Google Android, Take 2(Dec 24, 2007)
- The great Ars Android interface shootout(Jul 24, 2013)
- Android's (quiet) killer feature(Jan 31, 2013)
- Android shines as a mobile platform(Feb 11, 2013)