Contributed by Christopher Petrilli
Filling in for Amos as he tries to get the new Zope site readied
for public presentation! It’s still in beta…
Well, this has been the busiest week of all, or at least in a
long long time, for Zope development. Not only was beta 6 released,
but the final release of Zope 2 has finally been made! In
celebration, we’re going to continue working on documentation and
resolving any outstanding issues!
Other items of interest this past week:
- First! Zope 2.0 is finally released and out of BETA! 🙂 Find
all the gory details here:
- Lots of new items (HOW-TOs, contributed software) on the new
beta site. Take a look!
- It was revealed that the tag doesn’t participate in the
- Juergen Specht started an interesting thread on data validation
and the difficulty in even figuring out what an e-mail address is.
- Zope gets some good press in the TechWeb publication, which
Paul shares with us all.
- Various people expressed the concerns with search sites
crawling a dynamic site like Zope, but perhaps it’s not an issue as
is discussed in the thread.
- It’s discovered that you can’t use tree tags with SQL queries
the way you might expect, but there are some solutions.
- Evan Simpson reveals his first attempt at embedded Python code
objects in the Zope database.
- John Udell provides some much welcome publicity on Zope as
- A new version of the ZOracleDA was released, providing full
thread-safety under Zope2.
- Beehive in Germany releases a product to help write products.
Is that a meta-product? 😉
Zigning off for now,