Zope Weekly News for December 29, 1999Dec 29, 1999, 23:38 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mike Pelletier)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 18:31:32 -0500 (EST)
Zope Weekly News is a digest of some of the useful and interesting events which have occurred on the various Zope mailing lists and the Zope.org site. It is published each Wednesday evening.
Any opinions contained in the Zope Weekly News are those of the chronicler exclusively.
* Amos Lattier put out a call for FastCGI problems. Amos is revisiting FastCGI support, so the more you complain the better it will be.
* Paul Everitt has alerted everyone to the latest issue of Linux Magazine, which contains an article "Gold Rush: Venture Capitalists Discover Linux". The article talks about Digital Creations and Hadar Pedhazur at length.
* "htrd" posted an update to his NTUserFolder product. It authenticates Zope users from NT user accounts. It only runs on Windows NT. The latest release is 1.3.
* "phd" has updated mod_pcgi2 several times this week. mod_pcgi2 moves PGCI's calling code into Apache's process to eliminate the so-called "fork tax". This makes requests more responsive. The latest version is 0.1.2.
* "z113" contributed a How-To on adding your own DTML tags to the language.
* Art Hampton started a discussion presently underway about the relative merits of mod_pcgi2, vanilla PCGI and FastCGI.
* Anthony Baxter has made and released some modifications to ZCatalog. He's soliciting comments in zope-dev.
0 Talkback[s] (click to add your comment)