Ottawa Citizen: Corel warns investors it could soon go broke
Apr 21, 2000, 12:09 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Bert Hill)
"Corel Corp. is warning investors it could run out of cash in
the next three months if a pending deal for Inprise/Borland Corp.
or other solutions are not found."
"The money-losing Ottawa software company faces troubles because
of rapidly declining sales of traditional products and slow growth
of sales of new Linux products."
"However, chief techology officer Derek Burney said
yesterday that the Corel warning paints a worst-case scenario,
required by U.S. regulatory law, which is not going to
- Byte.com: WordPerfect Office 2000 = Microsoft-Free Desktop(Apr 21, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen Online: Corel names new financial chief(Apr 20, 2000)
- Reuters: Ex Inprise director's co sues to block Corel merger(Apr 19, 2000)
- BW: Corel and CTL Team Up to Offer Dual Boot Systems to Customers...(Apr 19, 2000)
- CCN: Corel and Conducent Partner to Release No-Charge Version of Corel WordPerfect Suite 8(Apr 19, 2000)
- The Times (UK): Corel Linux challenges Windows 98 [Review](Apr 16, 2000)
- National Post: Corel speeds up Linux releases(Apr 12, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel has window of opportunity to capitalize on Microsoft's woes(Apr 06, 2000)
- The Register: Corel Linux on the rise, but Red Hat still dominant(Mar 31, 2000)
- CCN: Corel's Linux Market Share Grows!(Mar 30, 2000)
- TechWeb: Corel Surge Leaves Analysts Puzzled(Mar 30, 2000)