Linux Today: Linux News On Internet Time.

TechWeb: Looming Breakup Clouds Microsoft's Plans

Jun 17, 2000, 21:46 (2 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mitch Wagner)

"As Microsoft gets set to disclose the blueprint for itsnext-generation software this week, there remains considerable uncertainty about whether it can get off the drawing board intact."

"In a telephone poll of 104 InternetWeek readers, 12 percent said they're much more likely to evaluate Windows alternatives because of the ruling, and an additional 41 percent said they're somewhat more likely to check out other options. That's a total of 53 percent who are more likely to look at alternatives to Windows because of the antitrust decision. Some 96 percent of the respondents looking at Windows alternatives are considering Linux."

Complete Story

Related Stories: