Ottawa Citizen: Corel's latest loss comes with more warnings
Jun 21, 2000, 11:15 (6 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Bert Hill)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"The biggest cost-cutting at troubled Corel Corp. still lies
ahead. And with less than $10 million in cash on hand, retailer
resistance to stock Corel products and weak Linux sales, the
company faces a tough struggle for survival."
"Duncan Stewart, an analyst with Tera Capital in Toronto, said
yesterday sales of Corel's growing lineup of products for the Linux
alternative operating system could still take off."
"Linux may yet herald a new dawn, but will Corel be around to
enjoy the sunrise?"
- 32BitsOnline: Losses Continue to Mount at Corel. Failure imminent(Jun 21, 2000)
- BW: Corel Announces Second Quarter Results(Jun 21, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel losses could reach $24M, company warns(Jun 16, 2000)
- Canada.com: Corel loss advisory points to deeper cuts; Cowpland future questioned(Jun 16, 2000)
- TechWeb: Corel Says Sales To Tail Off In Second Quarter(Jun 16, 2000)
- VNU Net: Corel's financial woes worsen(Jun 16, 2000)
- Canada.com: Software firm Corel issues another profit warning(Jun 15, 2000)
- DowJones.com: Corel Corp. Could Raise Added C$16.6 Million In Share Offer(Jun 14, 2000)
- Forbes: Linux Can't Fix Corel(Jun 13, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel bets the shop on Linux(Jun 12, 2000)