MacCentral: "Money-conscious" Corel backs out of Expo
Jul 12, 2000, 12:20 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brad Gibson)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Corel Corp has confirmed to MacCentral that despite booking
booth space at the upcoming Macworld Expo in New York City, it has
decided not to exhibit in an effort to save money and focus on
other upcoming conventions."
"Our decision to not exhibit at Expo was part of our cost
restructuring measures," said Corel spokeswoman Meredith Dundas.
"We are simply looking at the bottom line and trying to save
some money by focusing on events we feel at this time are better
suited for certain products we are highlighting."
"Dundas said the company will be exhibiting at the upcoming
Seybold Publishing 2000 conference in San Francisco beginning
August 27, Linux World beginning August 15 in San Jose, Calif. and
Comdex Fall 2000 in Las Vegas starting November 13."
- LinuxStockNews: Mid Year Review - Canadian Linux Stocks (July 3, 2000)
(Jul 04, 2000)
- Canada.com/CP: Troubled Corel receives $30 million in bailout financing(Jun 29, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Corel lays off 320 employees amid financial woes(Jun 09, 2000)
- Globe and Mail: Corel appears poised for extended cash crunch(May 27, 2000)
- VNU Net: Corel: Linux or bust?(May 12, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Corel, Inprise see greener pastures Linux-way(Feb 09, 2000)
- Red Herring: Is Corel building a Linux house of cards?(Jan 16, 2000)
- Forbes: Corel pins its hopes on cheap PCs, Linux(Jun 23, 1999)