Upside: Monta Vista plays its own game
Aug 09, 2000, 11:52 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sam Williams)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Jim Ready doesn't look like the kind of guy who would
deliberately short-circuit the Silicon Valley economy just because
he couldn't get a parking space in downtown Mountain View."
"Still, after fighting lunchtime traffic and circling the
block a half dozen times, Ready, founder and chief executive
officer of Monta Vista Systems, makers of Hard Hat Linux, is more
than happy to announce his company's radical stealthlike plan for
changing the world of high tech as we know it."
"Step 1: Put all IPO talk on the back burner."
"We're not overly focused on going public," Ready says. "We're
focused on maximizing the opportunity we see in the market. In our
current circumstances we're quite happy being a private company,
because it gives us more flexibility. "
- CNET News.com: New player [TimeSys] emerges in embedded Linux race(Jul 27, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Looking at Microwindows: Under the Hood of the Freepad(Jul 21, 2000)
- BW: TechOnLine, MontaVista Present Free, Live Online Seminar: Linux: the Internet Appliance Platform(Jul 20, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: The ViewML From the Top of MontaVista(Jul 18, 2000)
- LinuxMall.com: Sermon on the MontaVista(Jul 05, 2000)
- BW: Bus-Tech, Inc. Introduces MontaVista-based Embedded Linux Controller...(Jun 12, 2000)
- BeOpen.com: Microsoft vs. Linux II -- This Time it's Embedded(May 21, 2000)
- CNET News.com: New strategy challenges Linux firms for real-time computing(May 01, 2000)
- VNU Net: Unmodified Linux to run in embedded realtime systems [Oncore Systems microkernel](Apr 29, 2000)
- InfoWorld: MontaVista ports Linux to IBM PowerPC 405GP processor(Apr 12, 2000)
- LinuxMall.com: Big Things in Small Packages: Linux's Future Lies in Embedded Systems(Apr 12, 2000)