ZDNet UK/Reuters: HP to expand commitment to Linux
Aug 11, 2000, 11:52 (6 Talkback[s])
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Computing giant Hewlett-Packard will designate Linux as one of
its three "strategic operating systems" and add new products and
services to support it Monday."
"The company said the move reflects growing demand for the Linux
system and should help its customers use Linux with more confidence
and in a broader range of applications."
"This was really driven by consumer need," said Jim Bell,
general manager of open source and Linux operations at
Hewlett-Packard. "Linux is a tsunami that is over-running the
marketplace. It has spread like wildfire and we anticipate this is
going to accelerate."
- LinuxPrinting.org: VA Linux Printing Summit Notes(Aug 04, 2000)
- NewsBytes: Linux For IA-64 Gets Added Push From HP & Intel(Aug 02, 2000)
- CNET News.com/Reuters: Corel strikes another bundling deal with HP(Jul 19, 2000)
- CCN: Corel Signs Worldwide Deal with HP(Jun 27, 2000)
- InfoWorld: HP OpenView extends its reach [to Linux](Jun 21, 2000)
- NetworkWorld: HP adds Linux mgmt. to its OpenView mix(Jun 20, 2000)
- eWeek: Intel, HP post IA-64 developer's kit for Linux(Jun 13, 2000)
- Smart Partner: HP To Unveil New OS Next Week(Jun 10, 2000)
- BW: HP Expands IA-64... Partner Program...
Multiple OS Support to Accelerate IA-64 Development(May 15, 2000)
- VNU Net: HP launches entry-level Unix servers(May 10, 2000)
- HP standing behind Linux and Open Source - Not Hardly!(Jan 09, 2000)