Investment.com: Will Linux sink Corel?
Aug 13, 2000, 21:00 (10 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Melissa Edwards)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"It looks like Corel Corp. (CORL) may finally be losing its
balance. The company that wobbled but wouldn't fall down now can't
seem to pare back enough to please frustrated investors."
"Only a few months ago, Corel chief Michael Cowpland was riding
high on the wave of this year's hottest software product. Corel's
Linux package seemed like it would lead the company away from its
shaky stance. The stable, affordable operating system is indeed
growing in popularity."
"Unfortunately for Corel, Linux is not proving as successful
in the markets. Investors' hunger for stocks associated with the
operating system have so far been short lived. After reaching
an astounding high of US$44 in January, Corel turned south again,
to hover around its current level of US$3.
- LinuxPlanet: Sneak Preview: Corel Linux OS Second Edition(Aug 07, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: Corel's Business Plan Focuses on Linux(Jul 24, 2000)
- The Register: Corel tells SEC we'll run out of cash next month(Jul 20, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel issues another dire warning(Jul 19, 2000)
- CNET News.com/Reuters: Ailing Corel sells GraphicCorp division(Jul 18, 2000)
- National Post: Cowpland sees profit this year(Jul 17, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel shares leap on bundling deal(Jun 28, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Investors dump Corel shares(Jun 22, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Corel: Contributing to the Linux Community(Jun 22, 2000)
- ZDNet UK/Reuters: Corel's widening second-quarter loss reflects a need for further cutbacks(Jun 21, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel's latest loss comes with more warnings(Jun 21, 2000)
- 32BitsOnline: Losses Continue to Mount at Corel. Failure imminent(Jun 21, 2000)