Enterprise Linux Today: Red Hat raises the Linux standard
Oct 24, 2000, 20:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Andy McCue)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"Enterprise customers don't want to know about technology.
They'd rather use pen and ink. They use technology because they can
do things with it that they can't do with pen and ink. This is very
specifically what the Red Hat Network is all about...."
"What will be the key driver for Linux adoption by large
"Linux, according to researcher IDC, represented 24 per cent of
all new server installs last year. It's the only server OS
[operating system] that had a growing market share over the last
two years, and its market share has been doubling. It's taken all
the growth and market share Windows NT used to enjoy at the expense
of the Unix."
"What are people using this stuff for? The answer is the killer
apps that have been driving our growth are all the internet
applications. When you ask what is the future going to be, the
future of killer apps is all going to be internet-based. They are
all going to incorporate Apache web-serving technology. They are
all going to incorporate Mozilla browsing technology."
- LinuxToday.com.au: An Analysis of The Red Hat Network - Part 2(Oct 18, 2000)
- eWeek: Evolution, not revolution -- Red Hat 7 Review(Oct 09, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: An Analysis of The Red Hat Network - Part 1(Oct 03, 2000)
- Duke of URL: The Big Red Hat [Review of Red Hat 7.0](Sep 30, 2000)
- The Standard: Red Hat Is Now at Your Service(Sep 28, 2000)
- Red Hat warns Linux is moving too fast(Sep 27, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Red Hat Intros Version 7.0, New Network(Sep 25, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Red Hat announces 7.0 release, rolls out Red Hat Network - Graphics, security improved(Sep 25, 2000)