Ottawa Citizen: Operating system's popularity keeps growing
Nov 29, 2000, 13:36 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Vito Pilieci)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"A group of Linux enthusiasts met at the Minto Suites Hotel,
downtown, to discuss the massive potential their favourite
operating system could play in the future of e-business."
"Making presentations at the conference were companies such as
CGI, Oracle and Caldera Systems Inc., all of which agreed, the
exponential growth recently experienced by Linux has taken the
industry by surprise."
"When we first looked at Linux, not too long ago, we said
that Linux would go strategic (large scale) within 12-18 months,"
said Burns MacDonald a senior consultant with CGI Group Inc. "But,
we were wrong, it's happening now."
- eWeek: Fed agencies appeal to Linux vendors(Nov 07, 2000)
- CNET News.com/Gartner: Gartner Surveys Enterprise Operating Systems(Nov 03, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Linux in the Enterprise: Taken for Granted?(Oct 13, 2000)
- LinuxNews.com: Close Enough for Government Work? A Brief History of Linux Security Issues(Sep 18, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Linux entices IBM, Oracle(Aug 30, 2000)
- Open Source IT: When Linux Loses(Jul 28, 2000)
- VNU Net: US Navy switches to Linux-based clustering(Jul 12, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Flight of the bumblebee - They said it couldn't, but it does(Jun 08, 2000)
- Open Source IT: Mainframe Users Like Running Linux, but Management Still Cautious(Jun 05, 2000)
- IT-Director: Linux hits the glass wall of the computer room(Jun 02, 2000)
- Dataquest: "Naturally we know it's (Linux) on the server." [Interview with MS Senior VP](May 22, 2000)
- osOpinion: Remaining obstacles to World Domination(May 11, 2000)