Linux Powered Google Ranks Tops
Dec 03, 2000, 16:05 (8 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
By the Staff at siliconvalley.internet.com
With 1,326,920,000 Web pages in its searchable index, Mountain
View-based portal Google placed first overall in a recent study by
NPD Online Research.
The marketing information company quarterly ranks search and
portal sites based on relevant results and user satisfaction
criteria. The latest study, which gathered data from 19,357
Internet users, measured consumer opinions and loyalty with 18 of
the most popular search services, including AltaVista, Ask Jeeves,
AOL.com and Yahoo! (which uses Google's service to power its own
Google users awarded the portal the highest ratings in seven out
of nine relevancy and user satisfaction categories, with 92% of
profiled users identifying Google as being "much" or "somewhat"
better than any other search site, and 96% of its users finding
what they are searching for "all or most of the time" when using
This is the fourth consecutive quarter Google has garnered the
"We attribute much of our phenomenal growth to the large number
of users who are recommending Google to others," says Sergey Brin,
president and co-founder of Google. "95 % of our users [in the
study] indicated that they would recommend Google to a friend."
The Top Google Categories From NPD:
- No. 1 in Comparison vs. Other Search Sites.
- No. 1 for Relevant and Accurate Search Results.
- No. 1 for Meeting the Needs of Users.
- No. 1 for Ease-of-Use and Navigation.
- No. 1 for Site Reliability.
- No. 1 for Speed in Loading.
- No. 1 for Up-to-Date Information.
- No. 1 for Good Value for the Time Spent.
- OLinux.com.br: An Interview with Sergey Brin of Google(Oct 28, 2000)
- VNU Net: Yahoo drops Inktomi search engine for Google(Jun 27, 2000)
- InternetNews: Google Launches Super Search Engine(Jun 26, 2000)
- Internet Week: Let Linux, Cheap PCs In The Door [Google.com](Jun 13, 2000)
- Linux.com: Google: The Search Engine That Could(Jun 07, 2000)
- LinuxMall.com: Google, Linux and Sliced Bread(Jun 02, 2000)
- Salon.com: We're Down With ODP(Mar 24, 2000)
- WebReference.com: Google Adds Smart Directory(Mar 21, 2000)
- IT-Analysis: Google on Linux scoops mega-deal with Virgin(Nov 26, 1999)
- TechWeek: Google Focused on Being The Web's Best Search Engine(Oct 20, 1999)
- NY Times: Google Keeps Search Simple(Oct 06, 1999)
- Upside: Google's Serious Searching(Oct 04, 1999)
- ZDNet: Evan Leibovitch -- Feeling lucky?(Jul 27, 1999)