Ch@nnelWeb: Balance of Red Hat Sales to Shift
Dec 27, 2000, 17:12 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by T.C. Doyle)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
"Despite a slumping stock price, Red Hat CEO and president
Matthew Szulik expects partners to get squarely behind the Linux
software company, so much, in fact, that they will tip the balance
of software sales generated by the Research Triangle Park, N.C.,
company to third parties."
"In an exclusive interview on Friday before Christmas, Szulik
told VARBusiness Magazine that he expects to increase the percent
of Red Hat sales completed by third-party partners to 50-60 percent
of overall sales from 20-25 percent, the current level today.
Szulik gave no timetable for the change, but did say that
increasing sales through third parties will be a priority in 2001.
"The numbers aren't where I would like them to be," he says. "Our
business is totally based on leverage, so I would like to see those
numbers up around 50-60 percent."
"Looking ahead, he believes that the recently launched Red Hat
Network, which is an Internet-based service to develop, deploy and
manage software platforms, will attract ASPs, hosting companies and
MSPs. One prototype partner already on board with the company:
Rackspace of Texas. "It's one of largest Linux-based hosting
companies in the U.S., and we are looking to expand our
relationship with them through the Red Hat Network," he adds."
- Linux Month: Making Red Hat Secure(Dec 25, 2000)
- FreeOS.com: Review: Red Hat 7(Dec 24, 2000)
- Linux.com: Red Hat Package Manager: A Better Way To Install Software(Dec 23, 2000)
- AllLinuxDevices: Red Hat Releases OSS Hardware Simulation Framework for Embedded Systems
(Dec 21, 2000)
- ITworld Forums: Discussion with Michael Tiemann, CTO of Red Hat(Dec 19, 2000)
- LinuxGram: Linus Savages Red Hat 7.0(Dec 16, 2000)
- The Register: Red Hat shaves loss to $900k; on track for profitability by year's end(Dec 15, 2000)
- Red Hat Reports Third Quarter Revenue Gains of 112% over FY2000(Dec 14, 2000)
- Linus Weighs in on Red Hat 7 Compiler Issues(Dec 14, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: An Analysis of The Red Hat Network - Part 2(Oct 18, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: An Analysis of The Red Hat Network - Part 1(Oct 03, 2000)
- Enterprise Linux Today: Red Hat Intros Version 7.0, New Network(Sep 25, 2000)
- InfoWorld: Red Hat launching Linux subscription services network(Sep 21, 2000)