CNET News.com: Corel to reveal new business plan; Linux Global Partners to buy Corel Linux line?
Jan 22, 2001, 19:21 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Mary Jo Foley)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"On Tuesday, Corel is expected to reiterate its commitment to
its core products--its WordPerfect Office suite, which competes
head-to-head with Microsoft Office, and the CorelDraw graphics
program. "We're not expecting more layoffs or major restructuring.
We think that's behind them now," said Jean Orr, an analyst with
"Industry sources said the company is not likely to go public
Tuesday with details of its planned sell-off of its Linux business.
Corel is expected to say that the company is continuing to evaluate
its Linux options."
"Corel is close to finalizing a deal with Linux Global
Partners, a New York holding company, which is expected to buy 80
percent of Corel's Linux business for $5 million and allow Corel to
hold the remaining 20 percent, according to sources. But the
particulars of that deal are not expected to be announced for
another month or so, sources said."
- ZDNet UK: Corel looks to future(Jan 21, 2001)
- Stockhouse.com: Corel Shares Soar 40-46% on Speculation over Possible Linux, WordPerfect Sale(Jan 12, 2001)
- LinuxPlanet: Corel to Unveil Linux Strategy on January 23(Jan 09, 2001)
- Financial Post: Corel to sell Linux line for US$5M(Dec 16, 2000)
- The Register: Corel Linux sell-off nearly a done deal [or is it the other way around?]
(Dec 15, 2000)
- ZDNet: Corel to sell its Linux arm(Dec 15, 2000)
- ZDNet: Should I stay or should I go? Would anyone miss Corel if it left the Linux market?(Dec 01, 2000)
- The Register: Where next for Corel?(Nov 21, 2000)
- ZDNet: Corel: Still full-speed ahead on Linux(Nov 15, 2000)
- Linux Format: Corel: In bed with the enemy?(Oct 19, 2000)
- Byte.com: Analyzing Microsoft's Corel Investment(Oct 17, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel deal gives Microsoft inside track on Linux(Oct 14, 2000)
- LinuxWorld: Corel's Linux VP on the Microsoft deal(Oct 13, 2000)
- Corel Linux strategy unchanged, despite Microsoft deal(Oct 11, 2000)