Ottawa Citizen: Cowpland: He's back in business [Corel founder takes control of ZIM Technologies]
Feb 07, 2001, 14:17 (7 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Vito Pilieci)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"After seven months on the sidelines, Michael Cowpland has made
his long awaited return to the high-tech spotlight."
"The founder of Corel Corp. and co-founder of Mitel Corp.
announced yesterday that he had bought a majority interest in ZIM
Technologies International Inc. of Ottawa."
"Mr. Cowpland said that his faith in the Linux programming
language still has not died and that ZIM would be using different
programming languages and operating systems, including JAVA and
Linux, to make sure that ZIM's products work on numerous different
computer networks and technologies."
- Financial Post: Cowpland in from cold(Dec 03, 2000)
- Ottawa Citizen: Cowpland, Eid form wireless Linux venture(Dec 03, 2000)
- Globe and Mail:
Meet the new boss ... same as the old boss (not!)(Dec 02, 2000)
- Reuters: Cowpland to advise British e-commerce firm(Nov 29, 2000)
- Globetechnology.com: Cowpland joins Zim advisory board(Sep 30, 2000)
- LinuxToday.com.au: How Long For Corel's Linux Strategy?(Sep 25, 2000)
- ZDNet: Evan Leibovitch: Corel going south? Cowpland leaving can mean only one thing(Aug 23, 2000)
- IT-Director: Where now as Corel boss jumps ship?(Aug 18, 2000)
- VNU Net: Corel chief quits as problems mount(Aug 17, 2000)
- CNET News.com: Cowpland steps down from top spot at troubled Corel(Aug 16, 2000)
- Globe and Mail: Corel's Cowpland resigns top posts(Aug 16, 2000)
- Canoe.ca: Cowpland Resigns to Focus on Linux Start-Ups(Aug 16, 2000)