National Post: Corel foresees profit months earlier than expected
Mar 26, 2001, 04:49 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Robert Thompson)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
"Struggling software maker Corel Corp. said yesterday it expects
to make a surprising profit during its first fiscal quarter, months
earlier than the Ottawa-based company had expected."
"Corel's preliminary estimates show the company expects to
report net income of US$500,000 for the quarter that ended on Feb.
28. That is a significant improvement over the previous quarter,
when the company lost US$8.6-million...."
"The company said its sales and operating expenses would total
between US$33-million and US$34-million, almost half of the
US$62-million the company spent in the same quarter a year earlier.
Sales in the quarter were down from the previous quarter, when
Corel posted revenue of US$40.4-million."
- Ottawa Citizen: Corel draws on MS deal to turn profit, software sales slump continues
(Mar 24, 2001)
- National Post: Baptism by fire for Corel's Burney(Mar 06, 2001)
- Corel: Linux Spinoff Still in the Works ; French, German, Int'l English Editions of Corel LinuxOS Available(Feb 28, 2001)
- SECOND UPDATE: Microsoft Parts Ways with Corel?(Feb 24, 2001)
- Ottawa Citizen: Microsoft not behind Linux sale, Corel says
(Feb 15, 2001)
- Reuters: Justice Dept. probing Microsoft deal with Corel(Feb 15, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Microsoft investigated for Corel investment(Feb 14, 2001)
- National Post: Software firm Corel Corp. posts $55-million loss for fiscal 2000(Feb 04, 2001)