Yahoo!/Smart Partner: Super size deal for Caldera
Jul 27, 2001, 12:00 (15 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Joseph C. Panettieri)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
In an otherwise unhappy week for the company, Caldera has
something to be happy about: it's sold 4,000 OpenUnix licenses to
McDonalds. McDonalds joins fast food luminaries KFC, Taco Bell, and
Pizza Hut as OpenUnix customers.
"McDonald's is hungry for Unix. Sources say the
fast-food giant is set to order 4,000 OpenUnix licenses from
Caldera International (NASDAQ:CALD)
. An official announcement from both companies is expected within a
Sources say McDonald's will use OpenUnix (formerly known as SCO
UnixWare) and IBM's MQSeries to track data and crunch financial
information across its restaurants.
OpenUnix is relatively popular within the fast-food industry.
Sources close to Caldera note that KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell all
are major OpenUnix customers."
- Caldera announces plans to offer downloadable ISOs for OpenLinux 3.1(Jul 03, 2001)
- Caldera International Reports Second Quarter Results(Jun 06, 2001)
- Caldera Completes Acquisition of Two SCO Divisions(May 08, 2001)
- Caldera Files for Layoffs(Apr 25, 2001)
- eWeek: Caldera Volution good start for taming Linux(Mar 15, 2001)
- Caldera Announces Q1 Results: SCO Acquisition Cited as Cause of Greater Losses than Q4(Feb 28, 2001)
- Caldera Refocuses Products, Merges UnixWare and Linux(Feb 16, 2001)
- CNET News.com: Caldera Systems expands SCO Unix acquisition plans(Feb 12, 2001)
- ZDNetUK: Caldera on proprietary trail [with Volution management tool](Jan 20, 2001)