On-Line Applications "Just Work"; Why Worry About the Freedom of the Licence?
Sep 29, 2008, 14:02 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ryan Cartwright)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"So where does freedom and copyleft fit into this model? The
four freedoms seem generally to be disregarded for the user of an
online application. You must use the software within the
limitations set by the application provider; you do not get the
source code, so you can't study, modify, improve or redistribute
it. But does it really matter?"
- The GPL is the New BSD in Web 2.0, and Why This Matters(Aug 21, 2007)
- Computer Business Review: Linux Leaders Call for Open Source License Simplification(Oct 30, 2006)
- NewsForge: Stallman, Torvalds, Moglen Share Views on DRM and GPLv3(Aug 10, 2006)
- The Guardian: Freedom Fighter with a Guilty Conscience(Jun 10, 2006)
- MIT Technology Review: Copyleft Hits a Snag(Dec 21, 2005)
- eWeek: GPL 3 to Take on IP, Patents(Nov 22, 2004)