Microsoft: We're All 'Mixed Source' Companies
Oct 20, 2008, 11:02 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Ina Fried)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"That doesn't mean Microsoft is ready to sing Kumbaya with Red
Hat, or other companies that haven't made an IP deal with Redmond.
While Microsoft is patient, Gutierrez indicated that Microsoft's
patience is not unlimited.
""If every effort to license proves not to be fruitful,
ultimately we have a responsibility to customers that have licenses
and to our shareholders to ensure our intellectual property is
respected," he said."
- 'PatentGate,' One Year Later: Microsoft Against the Open-Source World(May 21, 2008)
- Microsoft's Love for Linux Deepens Year after Year(Nov 08, 2007)
- Microsoft Brings Its Email Protocols to Linux(Aug 15, 2007)
- Microsoft and Red Hat Continue Partnership Dance(Jul 17, 2007)
- Microsoft: No IP Talks with Red Hat(Jul 17, 2007)
- MS Sees No Conflict with Its Patent/Open Source Initiatives(Jun 01, 2007)
- Open Letter to Novell: Release the Patent Numbers!(May 17, 2007)
- The Microsoft Open Source Patent Gambit(May 16, 2007)
- Microsoft Won't Sue Linux Users, Company Exec Says(May 15, 2007)