Why Good People Make Bad OS Choices
Oct 20, 2008, 13:02 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"As our conversation continued I discovered that while
he knew many people were unhappy with their Vista PC purchases --
he told me most of them complained about older software and
hardware incompatibilities -- Vista was still the newest operating
system so, it was, somehow, the best.
"And, this mind you, was from someone who've I seen selling PCs
at this particular store for more than five years. If this is what
experienced sales help is like, God help poor customers who come in
and just want a good computer for their money."
- Building a Stout, Versatile Linux Small Business Server(Oct 18, 2008)
- Mandriva 2009 Helps New Users to Grow(Oct 16, 2008)
- Mixing Windows and Linux: How Do You Manage Choice?(Oct 08, 2008)
- Open Source vs. Proprietary Intranet Software, Part 3(Oct 07, 2008)
- The Most Important Open Source System: Voting(Sep 29, 2008)
- Why I Choose Copyleft For My Projects(Sep 29, 2008)
- Why Linux Is Not King Of The Operating Systems(Sep 16, 2008)
- UK Govt Screws Browser Choice(Sep 09, 2008)
- 5 Reasons to Upgrade From Windows Vista to Linux(Sep 08, 2008)