U.S. Appeals Court Rejects Business Method Patents
Oct 30, 2008, 17:45 (3 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Diane Bartz)
Re-Imagining Linux Platforms to Meet the Needs of Cloud Service Providers
[ Thanks to johnzbesko for this link.
"The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit said
the patent application in question -- a method for reducing the
risk of sudden changes in energy costs -- was not a machine and did
not result in a transformation, both standards set by the U.S.
Supreme Court for patentability."
- MS Makes Mockery of Interoperability(Oct 27, 2008)
- More Patent Threats From Microsoft(Oct 20, 2008)
- Symbian's Patently Terrible "Triumph"(Oct 13, 2008)
- The Netherlands Patent Office Changes to Open Source Software
(Sep 26, 2008)
- Intellectual Ventures: A Massive Patent Pyramid Scheme?(Sep 19, 2008)
- Protest Against Software Patents - Candle Light Vigil at Bangalore(Aug 25, 2008)
- A Campaign to Stop the Introduction of Software Patents in India(Aug 22, 2008)
- The Software Patents Situation and How It Affects Free Software
(Aug 04, 2008)
- Sam Ramji, the Man Who Wants to Politely Steal from GNU/Linux(Jul 31, 2008)