Will Flash Ever Be a Standard?
Nov 19, 2008, 21:03 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Brian Proffitt)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Beyond the immediate benefit for Linux users, it struck me that
this news reflects an even better long-term benefit for Linux--the
triumph of Flash as a de facto standard for video over the Web.
This may seem like a "no-duh" statement, given the proliferation of
Flash on so many video sites, not the least of which YouTube.
Perhaps you've heard of it. But baseball's confirmation of Flash as
their preferred platform not only dispells the notion that
Silverlight is making big inroads into the content delivery space
(it's not) but it was a very strong business validation of Flash's
- Adobe Starts 64-bit Flash Testing With Linux Alpha(Nov 17, 2008)
- Ubuntu Brings the BBC to Linux(Oct 30, 2008)
- Silverlight Could Bring Movies to Linux Desktop(Oct 28, 2008)
- ABC, Fox and The CW Video Woes(Oct 27, 2008)
- Installing The Adobe Flash Plugin 10 On A 64bit Ubuntu 8.04(Oct 24, 2008)
- Microsoft Woos Developers Under the Silverlight(Oct 13, 2008)
- Novell Readies Silverlight Clone for Linux(May 16, 2008)