Red Hat Spacewalk Expands Linux Management, Replace Oracle
Dec 03, 2008, 02:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"Satellite is a critical tool for Red Hat users as it
provides management capabilities for multiple servers for software
deployment and updates.
"Almost six months ago, Red Hat kicked off the Spacewalk project
in an effort to create an open source version of Network Satellite
that would serve as the upstream project that drives development.
According to Red Hat executives, Spacewalk is still in the process
of getting aligned with Network Satellite releases in terms of the
"As well, Spacewalk is now gearing up to replace Network
Satellite's proprietary Oracle database backend with an open source
database. It's all part of Red Hat's larger efforts to use the open
source model effectively in all parts of its business, as well as
reducing the costs associated with proprietary databases."
- Managing IT: Changing Our Minds (About Everything)(Dec 02, 2008)
- WFTL Bytes! for Nov 26, 2008: SCO Won't Stay Dead, Fedora 10 Shines, Red Hat Needs a Date(Nov 27, 2008)
- RHEL 5.3 Beta Released, CentOS Beta-Testers Needed(Oct 29, 2008)
- Red Hat HPC Linux Cometh
(Sep 26, 2008)
- With RHEL 5, Red Hat goes to bat for SELinux(Jun 05, 2007)
- CentOS/RHEL 5 Configuration Tips(Apr 29, 2007)
- Red Hat Offers Canada a Look at Xen-based Linux(Apr 26, 2007)