From Linux to Windows: Is This 2009 Downgrade Really Necessary?
Dec 16, 2008, 19:32 (1 Talkback[s])
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
"My reasoning: I'm happy with Linux. But as a reluctant
concession to the business world, I've installed Office 2003 using
CrossOver Linux. I also installed Internet Explorer, so I can use
the web interface of our Help Desk portal software, ConnectWise.
(Side note, WorksWithU's sister site, MSPmentor.net, covers
ConnectWise and other managed services tools closely.)
"And I also use Virtual Box to run a virtual machine of Windows
XP and Office and other common apps. I have two, if not three, ways
of running all of our critical business functions. After explaining
my preference of using Linux as my primary platform, his response
was, "well we can talk about it on Friday when I'm in your office.
I can explain my position better in person..."
- ZaReason Makes Desktop Linux A Breeze(Dec 13, 2008)
- System76 Launches Biometric Ubuntu Linux Laptop(Dec 12, 2008)
- WFTL Bytes! for Dec 12, 2008: Cisco Steals Linux, HP Does Desktop Linux, Amaroks (that's a pun)(Dec 12, 2008)
- HP Opens Up Open Source for Small Businesses(Dec 12, 2008)
- Reducing IT Costs with Linux(Nov 26, 2008)
- The Netbook Newbie's Guide to Linux(Nov 24, 2008)
- Mandrake Linux Founder Back With a Virtual Desktop(Nov 21, 2008)