Microsoft Wooing Open Source on Windows
Mar 25, 2009, 15:32 (5 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"That's led the company to develop something of a
unique vision of openness, which it will be actively promoting this
week at the Open Source Business Conference (OSBC) and the
EclipseCon 2009 developer conference.
"It's a vision that includes having open source software running
on top of Windows, which Sam Ramji, senior director of platform
strategy at Microsoft, claims has been working well, with more than
80,000 open source software applications now available for
80,000?? Really? -- ed.
- Microsoft and Open Source: The Song Remains the Same(Dec 15, 2008)
- Leaked: Microsoft Pays Companies to Recommend Windows(Dec 02, 2008)
- The Microsoft-Novell Linux deal: Two years later(Nov 19, 2008)
- Updates on OpenLogic's New Wazi Site, and Microsoft's CodePlex(Nov 14, 2008)
- The Dying Embers of Microsoft's IP Claims Against Open Source(Oct 20, 2008)
- More Patent Threats From Microsoft(Oct 20, 2008)
- Microsoft's Man in Open Source: Sam Ramji on Redmond's Linux Strategy(Sep 02, 2008)
- Microsoft’s Dana Perino Problem With Open Source(Aug 01, 2008)
- Sam Ramji, the Man Who Wants to Politely Steal from GNU/Linux(Jul 31, 2008)