Survey reveals pent-up demand for Windows 7 - and alternatives
Apr 14, 2009, 21:04 (1 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Larry Dignan)
WEBINAR: On-demand webcast
How to Boost Database Development Productivity on Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes with Microsoft SQL Server 2017 REGISTER >
"And another nuance to ponder. Apple's OS X is the most likely
platform to replace Vista or Windows 7 with 27 percent eyeing the
Mac platform. The rub: That percentage is down from 29 percent in
"Perhaps the headline should be that Vista, Windows 7 and OS X
are in decline--for Ubuntu.
"Check out the chart:"
- How Microsoft Changes the Prices at OEMs to Block GNU/Linux Sales(Apr 12, 2009)
- Anti-Linux Propaganda du Jour: Windows Owns 96% Of Netbooks(Apr 09, 2009)
- Government sticks to proprietary line: leaves Linux in the dust(Apr 09, 2009)
- Dell: The Top Reseller of Red Hat JBoss Middleware?(Apr 07, 2009)
- Linux at the Tipping Point(Mar 17, 2009)
- Novell, Red Hat -- What's the Diff?(Feb 28, 2009)
- Top alternatives to Microsoft Outlook(Feb 27, 2009)
- Top 50 Linux Alternatives To Popular M$ Apps(Feb 25, 2009)
- Which Linux Distro And Why?
(Feb 24, 2009)