Custom Google Site Search for Firefox Searchbar
Apr 22, 2009, 15:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Tim Sharitt)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Tim
Sharitt for this link. ]
"This is really a simple process which simply involves
creating an xml configuration file and placing it in the correct
directory. So, to start off, just fire up your favorite text editor
to get started.
"The first line tells Firefox that we have a search plug in and
where to find the specifications for the xml mark-up.
"Next, we want to give it a name. This is the name that will
show in the search box when nothing entered.
< os:ShortName >Ubuntu Forums < /os:ShortName >
"Now we need to tell it what encoding to use for the input.
< os:InputEncoding>UTF-8 < /os:InputEncoding >
- Quick Firefox Tip: Word Count Bookmarklet(Nov 06, 2008)
- Roll Your Own Custom Bookmarklets In Firefox, part 2(Oct 23, 2008)
- Stupid Firefox Tricks, Part I(Oct 09, 2008)
- Beef up the Find Command in Firefox(Aug 14, 2008)
- The LXF Guide: Top 10 Firefox Add-ons(Aug 13, 2008)
- Hands On: 12 Quick Hacks for Firefox 3(Jul 06, 2008)
- Meet Larry, Firefox's Friendly Passport Officer(Jun 18, 2008)
- Firefox 3: Past, Present, and Future(Jun 10, 2008)
- Are Your Firefox Extensions Proprietary Software?(Jun 04, 2008)