Novell fattens net in bad financial times
May 29, 2009, 16:34 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"Novell also saw a bit of growth in its Identity and
Security Management division. Workgroup product revenue, which was
the single biggest profit center, with $79 million of revenue, saw
a decrease of 14% year over year. This area, the old NetWare
business under a different name, will continue to decline as more
and more businesses move away from NetWare.
"Novell managed its increase by making large cuts in sales and
marketing expenses and smaller cuts in product development and
overhead costs. Even taking that into consideration, this was a
step up from Novell's last quarter."
- A Battle Over Deposing Bill Gates in the Novell v. Microsoft Antitrust Litigation(May 26, 2009)
- Novell throws support behind Moblin Linux for Intel Atom netbooks, devices(May 07, 2009)
- Novell Moonlight 2.0 previews Silverlight on Linux(May 06, 2009)
- Official Novell/Microsoft Web Site (MoreInterop) Calls Moonlight "Microsoft Moonlight"(Apr 27, 2009)
- Novell, Sun, and Red Hat: Three degrees of open source(Apr 23, 2009)
- Novell sets up Netbook Linux R&D team(Apr 02, 2009)
- Novell's Mono Gets Faster and More Visual(Mar 31, 2009)
- Novell's SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11: A true Windows replacement(Mar 26, 2009)