"The case echoes previous circumstances in which Apple attempted
to hush up incidents when its devices overheated.
"Ken Stanborough, 47, from Liverpool, dropped his 11-year-old
daughter Ellie's iPod Touch last month. "It made a hissing noise,"
he said. "I could feel it getting hotter in my hand, and I thought
I could see vapour". Mr Stanborough said he threw the device out of
his back door, where "within 30 seconds there was a pop, a big puff
of smoke and it went 10ft in the air"."
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.