Microsoft vs. Linux: If You Can't Beat 'Em, Join 'Em?
Aug 10, 2009, 21:01 (8 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Matt Hartley)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"Now before getting to excited about this seemingly generous
contribution by the Redmond giant, there are some serious factors
to consider here.
"Microsoft's contribution is totally self-serving. Nothing here
is really helping the Linux community whatsoever.
"Microsoft contributing this code is nothing more than an effort
to entice users to run their OS first, while allowing those who
need access to Linux to have it while rocking along with a Windows
"As per usual, Microsoft is playing catch-up with its Virtual
Machine competitors. And in playing catch-up, what a better way to
give oneself an edge than by asking that beneficial code to be
included with the Linux kernel."
- Desktop Linux or Windows 7?(Jul 21, 2009)
- Building a Linux App Store: Can You Help?(Jun 30, 2009)
- The Proprietary Software/Linux Conundrum(Jun 24, 2009)
- Top Open Source Apps For OS X(Jun 11, 2009)
- Netbook Wars: Linux, Android, Windows 7(May 28, 2009)
- Which Distros Would You Use If Ubuntu Vanished?(May 11, 2009)
- Ubuntu inside Windows: the Good, Bad and the Ugly(Apr 20, 2009)
- Desktop Linux Video App Roundup(Apr 16, 2009)
- Linux Desktop Hardware Myths Explored(Apr 08, 2009)
- 10 Must-Have Linux Applications(Mar 30, 2009)