Botnets must die
Aug 25, 2009, 17:03 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"Think about that. Every major Western social network
was brought to its knees because a small group of people were
ticked off at one guy.
"We can't let this continue. Catching the botnet masters has
proved to be close to impossible. So we're going to have to try
"The only way I can see of doing it is to choke off the botnets.
Since all -- I repeat all -- botnets run on poorly secured Windows
systems, I think Internet service providers have to either block
compromised PCs from getting to the Internet in the first place or
force-feed security upgrades into them."
- On Bugs, Viruses, Malware and Linux(Aug 19, 2009)
- ABC avoids uttering the 'W' word(Aug 18, 2009)
- What is a Botnet anyway?(Aug 14, 2009)
- How to save the Internet from Windows(Aug 10, 2009)
- It's time to get rid of Windows(Aug 08, 2009)
- Oops, e-mail security vendor McAfee spills 1400 private names(Jul 31, 2009)
- Automated spam translation keeps global spam rates near 90%(Jul 29, 2009)
- How To Defend slowloris DDoS With mod_qos (Apache2 On Debian [Lenny])(Jul 23, 2009)
- Spam Not So Profitable?(Jul 16, 2009)
- Windows of mass destruction(Jul 10, 2009)