"4. OSDL’s possible goals include:
* IP buffer. Ship GPL code unchanged without donating via GPL
patents in that code.
* Chip demand increase
* Converged Linux/GPL code base (required to make available to
* “Planned” releases, coordination, obvious OSS inertia
and royalty savings c.f. Windows
* Undifferentiated “subsidy” foundation for their
“expensive” proprietary, add-on products
* “Industry standard” APIs for add-on products (i)
mitigating risk of drawing of value-add products into the GPL, (ii)
direct focus of OSS energy towards slowing how much code flows into
the GPL to preserve opportunity for expensive add-on
Some of the products that appear on this site are from companies from which QuinStreet receives compensation. This compensation may impact how and where products appear on this site including, for example, the order in which they appear. QuinStreet does not include all companies or all types of products available in the marketplace.