Skype for Asterisk Debuts
Sep 04, 2009, 14:34 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Sean Michael Kerner)
How to Help Your Business Become an AI Early Adopter
[ Thanks to smk for this link.
"SfA comes at critical time for Skype, as eBay
(NASDAY:EBAY) divests itself of majority ownership in its Internet
phone unit. While ownership is changing, usage of Skype continues
to grow, with 405 million users at the end of 2008.
""SfA is an add-on channel driver for Asterisk that leverages
the power of Asterisk to route calls through the Skype community,"
Peter Engler, Digium's product manager for strategic products, told
InternetNews.com. "A soft phone or hard phone would connect to an
Asterisk PBX and the call routing in Asterisk would determine the
route of a call, which could be over Skype, to a traditional
provider’s service or any other avenue the administrator
sets. All Skype features work transparently with soft phones being
SIP or IAX clients.""
- Convert various media formats to Vorbis in Linux(Sep 01, 2009)
- Secure VoIP, GNU SIP Witch, and replacing Skype with free software(Aug 27, 2009)
- Howto Deploy SIP Witch Clients and Servers(Aug 24, 2009)
- How To Install Asterisk For Your First PBX Solution(Aug 21, 2009)
- Localization and Practical Security in Asterisk 1.4: Part 1(Aug 13, 2009)
- Linux Today Readers Speak: Sneaky Skype Stuff and Splendid Sarcasm(Aug 12, 2009)
- FreePBX 3.0 Debuts(Aug 05, 2009)
- Skype shutdown: where are free software and free protocols?(Aug 01, 2009)