Product Spotlight: SystemRescueCD
Oct 08, 2009, 23:04 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Jack Wallen)
No-Size-Fits-All! An Application-Down Approach for Your Cloud Transformation REGISTER >
"Who’s it for?
SystemRescueCD is an outstanding tool that aids the system
administrator in the task of restoring partitions, troubleshooting
boot manager (Grub and LILO), backing up windows partitions,
burning critical data to CD (Requires SystemRescueCD to be run from
USB) and much more. SystemRescueCD can be used in both Graphical
and text mode which makes it very versatile for administrators.
"What problem does it solve?
"SystemRescueCD solves many problems for the administrator: Resize
partitions, create partitions, recover lost partitions, recover
lost data, boot disk creation, and much more."
- SystemRescueCd 1.3.1 Includes Filesystem Benchmarking Tools(Oct 06, 2009)
- System Rescue - My Favorite LiveCD(Sep 21, 2009)
- SystemRescueCD 1.3.0 Has Linux Kernel 2.6.31(Sep 16, 2009)
- Recover data with Linux(Sep 14, 2009)
- Repair Damaged Drives With Linux(Sep 05, 2009)
- Parted Magic 4.4 Adds Dial-Up Networking and Sound Support(Aug 13, 2009)
- Parted Magic 4.2 Has Clonezilla and Linux Kernel 2.6.30(Jun 17, 2009)
- Filesystems: Data Preservation, fsync, and Benchmarks Pt. 2(Jun 02, 2009)