Sidekick: Microsoft's biggest failure yet?
Oct 13, 2009, 18:33 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols)
Desktop-as-a-Service Designed for Any Cloud ? Nutanix Frame
[ Thanks to Steven J.
Vaughan-Nichols for this link. ]
"I don't know about you, but any where I've ever
worked, not running a backup before any major upgrade is a firing
offense. And, not just any firing, this is a "don't let your feet
touch the floor as the security cops run you out of the building"
"This isn't just a tech problem though. This is an
organizational problem. This is a case where firing them all, from
the top down, and letting unemployment sort them out is
appropriate. There is simply no way on Earth that Microsoft should
have tried this 'upgrade' without knowing that a backup was set,
checked, and ready-to-go."
- Weekly Ten: Cloud Is No Magic Cure, Apple Causes Worldwide Shortage, Geniuses Take Lots of Time Off(Oct 12, 2009)
- Why Cloud Storage Use Could Be Limited in Enterprises(Oct 10, 2009)
- Run your own Ubuntu Enterprise Cloud, part 1(Oct 06, 2009)
- Zmanda Does Cloud Storage for Less with Open Source(Oct 02, 2009)
- Ubuntu One: Canonical Raising Storage Limit(Oct 02, 2009)
- DropBox hits two million Windows, Mac and Linux users(Sep 30, 2009)
- SpiderOak Backup/Sync Service Presents - 33% Discount from July 15th - 18th(Jul 18, 2009)