How Google and the cloud changed my company
Dec 29, 2009, 09:37 (0 Talkback[s])
(Other stories by Chris Lyman)
Full Text Search: The Key to Better Natural Language Queries for NoSQL in Node.js
"A couple of years ago, I made one of the hardest calls I have
ever had to make as a CEO. Was it around a RIF? Nope. Was it around
a new strategic direction? Nah.
"I asked my employees to pull the Microsoft feeding tube out of
their noses and move to The Google. For some employees (engineers,
etc.) this was no big deal.
"But execs...wow...a whole other ball of wax. Execs have
Stockholm Syndrome. Even though they will vociferously announce how
much they hate Outlook (resource hog, crashing, etc) that very same
Exec will get wild-eyed when you ask them to switch. I get it. I
was a 10 year prisoner of M$FT myself.
"Well, I am proud to announce that, by force of paycheck, I did
get them to switch — or nearly all of them. We have one
dinosaur left, but that’s just fear of change talking. Kami,
wake up and smell the sky!"
- Securing Your trixbox Server(Mar 18, 2009)
- trixbox CE Functions and Features(Feb 26, 2009)
- VoIP recording appliance runs Linux(Feb 04, 2009)
- Microsoft Pursues Digium Asterisk Partners(Feb 03, 2009)
- Fonality CEO Discusses Digium Rivalry, Asterisk And Open Source(Jan 30, 2009)
- Fonality Sends Open Source Relief to US Gulf Coast(Sep 19, 2008)
- Fonality, Backed By Intel, Plans Open Source Acquisitions(Sep 04, 2008)